Tug Valley Inn
"The building is simply marvelous. What a beautiful restoration." -- Henry V.
Built at the end of the Victorian era and the beginning of the Edwardian era in 1905, our two-story structure was originally the home of Tivis Ball and his family. It survived two devastating floods -- one in 1977 and another in 1984. It was passed down through three generations of the Ball Family until it was purchased by Tug Valley natives Chuck and Leigh Ann Ray in November 2010.
Lovers of older, traditional structures, Chuck and Leigh Ann set out to save the building in March 2011. An extensive nine-month renovations included all new electrical wiring, heating and cooling system, plumbing, windows, roof, and siding. A gas-powered generator, security system, and fire suppression system were also added to ensure that this structure is one of the safest in the area. Keeping with the style of 1905, Chuck and Leigh Ann set out to create an atmosphere that is warm, welcoming, and comfortable.
We officially opened our doors on Dec. 30, 2011. Since then we have enjoyed guests from all over the United States, Canada, and Jamaica. We look forward to serving the Tug Valley and welcoming guests for years to come.
Book a stay with us and see our transformation firsthand.